- Free, local network TV stations
- Broadcasts from local towers to surrounding areas - known as Off-Air, Over-the-Air (OTA) or Local TV
- Requires aerial, OTA antenna
- Signal broadcasts in both VHF & UHF
- Switched from analog to digital in June - 2009
The switch from analog to digital off-air TV provides better picture quality and more available channels, but also presents the following challenges:
- Antenna positioning is now more critical and difficult
- Must point antenna to find channels before optimizing signal
- Older antennas are not ideally suited for UHF reception – 80% of digital
- Many new antennas not ideally suited for VHF reception
80% of all digital channels are now UHF!
This antenna head is an option to replace the Winegard *Sensar® Brand Antennas. Tired of the metal wings on your current antenna getting bent or bouncing on the roof? This simple installation consists of taking off the coax cable, pulling the attaching pins off on your old antenna, removing the old head, and installing the new one in reverse order. To make sure you're getting 12volts dc to the head, there is a small led light that will come on when the booster button is turned on. We also suggest an additional device called the SureLock-Digital TV signal meter if your TV doesn't have a signal meter built in to it.
Dimensions: 12.5"L x 16.5"W x 2"D
Weight: 1.5 lbs.
Frequency Bands: UHF (470-860 MHz) / VHF (47-230 MHz)
Powered Amplifier: AC to DC (included), may also be used with existing antenna power source for retrofits
Warranty: 1 year warranty
RV bracket for *Sensar® lift
Pole mount bracket for residential installs
AC to DC power supply
Ask about professional installation by Sats2Go in the Houston TX area.
We travel to your location...!